The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE)
Published: 12 April 2017
AMEE General Secretary/Treasurer
12 Airlie Place
Dundee DD1 4HJ
The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) is a worldwide organisation with members in 90 countries on five continents. Members include teachers, educators, researchers, administrators, curriculum developers, deans, assessors, students and trainees in medicine and the healthcare professions.
AMEE promotes international excellence in education in the healthcare professions across the continuum of undergraduate, postgraduate and continuing education. AMEE, working with other organisations, supports teachers and institutions in their current educational activities and in the development of new approaches to curriculum planning, teaching and learning methods, assessment techniques and educational management, in response to advances in medicine, changes in healthcare delivery and patient demands and new educational thinking and techniques.
AMEE promotes excellence in medical education internationally by:
- Promoting the sharing of information through networking, conferences, publications and online activities;
- Identifying improvements in traditional approaches and supporting innovation in curriculum planning, teaching and learning, assessment and education management;
- Encouraging research in the field of healthcare professions education;
- Promoting the use of evidence-informed education;
- Setting standards for excellence in healthcare professions education;
- Acknowledging achievement both at an individual and an institutional level;
- Recognising the global nature of healthcare professions education;
- Influencing the continuing development of healthcare professions education through collaboration with relevant national, regional and international bodies.
Links to international networks on medical education and accreditation:
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME);
- The European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education – ENQA;
- The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE);
- The Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN);
- Association of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World (AQAAIW) ;
- Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA);
- The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE);
- The Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE);
- The Assocation of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE);
- ORPHEUS (Organisation for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System.) is an association of European biomedical and health science faculties and institutions;
- European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation and Quality Assurance (EASPA);
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) India;
- European Quality Assurance Agency (EQAA);
- Asia Pacific Quality Register (APQR).