International Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence (IREG)
Published: 02 May 2017
International Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence (IREG):
IREG was formed as a joint initiative of the European Centre for Higher Education (UNESCO-CEPES) and a group of international experts on ranking studying the quality of academic ranking. IREG was founded in 2009 at the suggestion of the group of international experts.
Improving the quality of international and national ranking of higher education institutions.
- improving the standards and practices in accordance with the Berlin Principles on Ranking of Higher education institutions;
- Implementation of analysis of how ranking impacts on access to higher education and employment of graduates;
- study of the impact of ranking on institutions of higher education;
- development of public awareness and understanding of academic work.
Currently there are more than 40 organizations as part of IREG representing the UK, Germany, Denmark, Spain, China, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, the US, Taiwan, France and other countries.
A complete list of IREG members and detailed information about the Group can be found at IREG website
Links to international networks on medical education and accreditation:
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME);
- The European Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education – ENQA;
- The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE);
- The Asia-Pacific Quality Network (APQN);
- Association of Quality Assurance Agencies of the Islamic World (AQAAIW) ;
- Central and Eastern European Network of Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (CEENQA);
- The Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE);
- The Association for Dental Education in Europe (ADEE);
- The Assocation of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE);
- ORPHEUS (Organisation for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System.) is an association of European biomedical and health science faculties and institutions;
- European Alliance for Subject-Specific and Professional Accreditation and Quality Assurance (EASPA);
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) India;
- European Quality Assurance Agency (EQAA);
- Asia Pacific Quality Register (APQR).