Code of Expert
Published: 25 April 2017
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR EXTERNAL REVIEW EXPERTS EURASIAN CENTRE FOR ACCREDITATION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE IN HIGHER EDUCATION AND HEALTH CARE (ECAQA)
The Code of conduct for external review experts (Code of conduct) describes principles of good review practice and rules of behaviour relating to the conduct of the site-visit by experts of the Eurasian Centre for Accreditation and Quality Assurance in Higher Education and Health Care.
The present Code is intended to be used in the ECAQA higher education institution, research centres external review procedure.
The external review of the higher education institutions for health professions education/educational programmes is carried out according to the Republic of Kazakhstan Law “On Education” (with Amendments from April 9, 2016), ECAQA Standards for institutional and specialized (subject-specific programme) accreditation, procedures and rules,guidelines.
ECAQA expects that all experts involved in external evaluation of higher education institution or educational programme are adhere to the rules of this Code of conduct and commit themselves to respect and accept them.
The experts who are involved in activities of the ECAQA External Expert Commission must agree in written to abide by the following principles:
- identify and declare any real or apparent conflict of interests between personal and accrediting agency’s interests;
- not to take actions that exceed one’s responsibility and ECAQA’s instructions within performing an external evaluation of higher education institution;
- as a part of external expert commission participate in assignments which you are qualified and competent to perform, keep the time schedule, be honest and act with propriety and accountability when conducting the external evaluation and contribute to the final report;
- during the meetings and discussion ask questions in a friendly and constructive manner, to maintain good working relations and an atmosphere of tolerance and mutual respect among your colleagues and other stakeholders;
- safeguard all information made available to you and information acquired or obtained during the external evaluation process in confidence;
- not to disclose any confidential information concerning the evaluation process without the written approval or permission of the ECAQA;
- do not accept under no circumstances any reward or extra attention.
Any evidence of serious breach of this Code of conduct may lead to an immediate termination of the expert’s contact.